Buyback dates for Retail Buybacks are:
Always the last two weeks of the semester. (Last week during summer semester)
Just remember when you take your finals, come sell your books!!!
GET THE MOST MONEY BACK IF YOU HAVE YOUR SIC BOOKSTORE RECEIPT!!!
Prices are subject to change. Books are bought on first come basis.
Current buyback on textbooks are determined by use of textbook for the next semester.
If a new edition is pending or the instructor has adopted a new textbook, wholesale value will be paid.
FIVE TIPS for Selling Your Used Textbooks
1. Take good care of your books. Damage or heavy wear and tear can decrease the value of your book.
2. Do not discard any cd or other materials that came with your books. These may be required to sell them back.
3. Don't wait to long to sell. The end of finals week during each semester is the cut off date.
4. Newer editions are more in demand. Older editions and books are already being replaced and have lots of used copies in circulation.
5. Keep your books secure. Theft of textbooks is on the rise so that they can sell them back.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW DOES THE STORE DETERMINE WHAT TO PAY?
The value of a used books is determined on whether or not the book is going to be used the next semester on this campus. The bookstore is able to pay more (possibly as much as half of retail) if the book will stay on campus.
If the book is not going to be used, the bookstore has to check with wholesale book companies to find a buyer. Typically they pay less due the fact they have to pay shipping and normal business expenses.
If an adoption has not been made for a class, the bookstore can only pay wholesale for a book, they can afford to speculate whether it will be used or not.
WHY DOESN'T THE BOOKSTORE SELL TEXTBOOKS AT COST?
The bookstore must add an amount to the cost of all merchandise, including textbooks - to cover our operating expenses. In addition, the bookstore is expected to contribute funds back to the college.
IF THERE IS SUCH A DEMAND FOR USED BOOKS, WHY DOESN'T THE BOOKSTORE BUY EVERY BOOK BACK?
There are many reasons why they might not be bought back.
Possibly the book is not being used next semester.
The publisher may be updating the book with a new edition.
The book may be part of a required bundle of items that cannot be sold separately.
The book might be in poor condition or missing the required cd.
The bookstore may have fulfilled its needed amounts for next semester enrollments.